Where is Del key on Mac? If you come from Windows, you won’t find the delete key on the small Mac keyboards that come with iMac or Macbook Pro. We show the correct key combination.
Delete key: How to find the delete key on the Mac
- Place the insertion point to the left of the character you want to delete.
- Hold down the [fn] key and tap the [Backspace] key once ⌫.
Difference between the Del key and the Delete key
- On the small Mac keyboards you find the delete key in the upper right corner.
- However, it only deletes characters backwards, so the to the left of the insertion point stand.
- The [Del] key, on the other hand, deletes characters that are to the right of the insertion point stand.